Print technology & Equipment
Future Forward Print Technology
Preferred Direct is committed to quality at every step of the way. We use advanced print, fulfillment and data technology to deliver custom communication solutions, on time and on budget. We take pride in being a highly skilled business partner who can deliver on your most pressing marketing and communications needs. Whether your project is transactional, informational or promotional, Preferred Direct has over 30 years of experience in delivering engaging, secure print pieces for companies in a variety of industries.
Digital Printing Technology is a relatively new technology that allows the design to be printed using inkjet technology, eliminating the need to purchase printing plates and large amounts of ink. It also has the ability to print variable data, personalizing materials for better engagement. You can count on us to apply both expertise and technology to ensure your communications grab attention and compel recipients to respond.
- On-demand ordering capabilities enable you to reduce your standing inventory—and the costs associated with it. When your supply gets low, we can print additional materials quickly on an as-needed basis.
- It comes with lower setup costs, even with low-volume projects.
- Speed! The directness of digital allows for a fast turnaround time, so you can seize opportunities rather than miss them.
- Making last-minute changes is easier—and much less costly.
- Capable of printing dynamic data to personalize your print pieces.
Digital Printing Technology is best for the following:
- Direct Mail
- Personalized Forms & Documents
- Direct Mail Coupons & Vouchers
- High quality brochures, flyers, posters, post cards and other marketing materials
- Small Batch Books and booklets
Similar to a printer you may find in your home, Inkjet technology rapidly creates simple, yet dynamic print at high speeds. While offset and digital printing produce high-quality graphics, inkjet printing is an additional commercial printing option used for personalization and more. The inkjet head applies ink to a designated location on your digital printing or offset printing print product to add simple text, barcode or indicia information.
- Direct Mail Addressing
- Coupon Codes
- Priority Codes
- Business-Reply Functions
Personalizing and addressing postcards, envelopes and other EDDM (every door direct mail) products can be accomplished quickly with inkjetting. Direct mail sent to targeted recipients can also use inkjet printing by importing database information. When database information is imported into our inkjet machines, envelopes, postcards, and various other types of materials are sped through a mass printing conveyor, increasing productivity of printing products.
A client’s database with its variable data is imported into our secure FTP site and then into our postal sorting software. The pre-sorted variable data is then released to one of our multiple inkjet machines where, envelopes, postcards, magazines and various other materials are addressed and imprinted with special messages from the client if requested. The same can be applied if the variable data is part of a digital printing project.
- Kern K3500R – roll to insert w/ inline Kirk-Rudy inkjet envelope printer
- Tecnau 1X561 sheeter (x2)
- Horizon 470 Perfect Binder (x2)
- Baum 2020 folder
- Baum 714 folder (x2)
- MBO folder
- Horizon collater/stitcher/trimmer
- Graphic Whizard UV coater
- Duplo DC-646 slitter/cutter/creaser
- Rosback perferator/creaser (manual)
- Delux Stitcher M19 (manual)
- Challenge 3-hole drill
- Shanklin shrinkwrap
- Servo 400 shrinkwrap
- AIM Smart inserter (x2)
- Mailstar 500 inserter
- Polar paper cutter
- Docucutter 660 paper cutter
- Kirk-Rudy stamper/tabber (x3)
- Standard Hunkeler Roll
Preferred Direct offers finishing technology for:
- Perfect Binding
- Saddle Stitching
- Spiral Binding