10 Benefits of Direct Marketing
Are you having trouble deciding how to spend your marketing dollars? With so many advertising options available, it’s hard to decide how and where to advertise and get the best return-on-investment.
- What audience are you trying to reach?
- Do you want your audience to buy your product? Attend your event? Respond to an offer for service? Visit your website?
For this blog, I am going to talk about using direct marketing as a marketing tool to grow your business.
First we need to define Direct Marketing
Direct marketing is a form of advertising sent directly from your business to a potential or existing customer. You are sending the customers your marketing messages directly. Effective direct marketing campaigns use a strong call-to-action to get customers to act on a message or an offer.
Advantages of Direct Marketing
We’ve compiled a list of ten reasons to add direct marketing into your marketing strategy and budget. How many can you use to grow your company?
- Find new customers. Direct marketing helps you build a list of new potential customers. You can compile or purchase a database of customers who are likely to buy your product or service.
- Target most likely customers. Are your customers generally females over 30 years old? Perhaps you’re targeting young adults or seniors. Direct marketing companies can help you create lists to reach potential customers who are a good target for your product or service. Click here to learn about Preferred Direct’s targeted mailing lists.
- Communicate with existing customers for repeat business or upsell. Some of your most important business comes from repeat customers. Stay in touch with customers with direct marketing to promote a special offer, promotion or event and let them know about other services.
- Direct marketing has quick production and turnaround. Commercial printers offer fast turnaround time to get direct mail out to customers. An email can also be created very quickly and sent out to customers.
- Advertise specific products, services, special offers and events. With direct marketing, you control the message and offer.
- Branding your business can seem like an expensive notion, but by simply creating a cohesive direct marketing campaign, you can create a recognizable company brand. Throw in a special offer, and you’ve combined brand with a call-to-action!
- You can personalize for a better response. Variable data printing or VDP, allows you to personalize each direct mail marketing piece. Addressing the recipients by name and even printing messages based on the target audience offers better ways for businesses and organizations to connect with customers. For example, you can simultaneously be advertising an offer for makeup to females and ties for men. Variable data printing has many capabilities. Click here to learn more about variable data.
- You can track and measure results. Direct marketing offers ways to track and measure your results, so you know just how many customers you’ve reached, the response you’ve received, and how much money you spent per customer. You can even test new markets or products to determine what appeals the most to whom. You can measure how effective your direct marketing campaign is by determining your return-on-investment (ROI.)
- It’s cost effective. When you break it down by ROI, direct marketing is a cost effective marketing solution. You know exactly how much you are spending to reach each customer.
- Direct marketing campaigns are easy. With direct marketing you can choose between postcards, letters, catalogues, transpromo marketing (marketing on billing statements), email marketing and more.
Direct Marketing is targeted, personal, fast and cost effective!
Direct marketing project managers can help you design and develop your campaign, so you don’t have to do it alone. Preferred Direct’s knowledgeable project managers will help you through each step of your direct marketing campaign.
Preferred Direct offers Direct Marketing services including commercial printing, direct mail, transpromo marketing, direct billing and fulfillment services. Click here for a quick online quote or call us toll-free to speak with a project manager at 1-844-719-1848.
Preferred Direct provides high-quality, high-quantity, fast and personalized direct marketing services including: printing services, fulfillment services, fundraising services, direct mail marketing, direct billing and emergency on demand printing services. From design to finishing and mailing, Preferred Direct takes care to make sure they deliver high-quality products that can help increase your company’s ROI.
Call or click for a quote. (757) 461-2730 or Toll Free 1-844-719-1848
Sources: business.qld.gov.au, switzer.com.au, marketingfaq.net
Images courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net by renjith Krishnan (direct mail) and mapichaiI (chart)